The drawing room is that room where the whole family gathers, where guests are welcomed. Particularly important family events take place here, so the design of this room is usually given the greatest attention. To make the interior unique, cozy and even eccentric will help photo-wallpapers for the living room. Provided you have the right themes, pictures and material, you can dramatically change the look of the room in a short time. How to do this, the article will tell.
Wall murals will help to make the living room interior bright and exclusive
Photowall-paper in a drawing room: advantages of use
For several decades in a row, the use of photowall-paper in the interior of the living room has remained an urgent element of design, since they can be used to realize the most daring ideas and fantasies. Modern photowaves differ significantly from their predecessors, which were popular at the end of the last century. Then the murals were stereotyped and were one-sided – they depicted mainly landscapes.
Wall murals on the wall in the living room emphasize the style direction of the room
Now you can pick up wallpapers that match the style, perform the function of the brightest element in the living room. Thanks to many advantages, their popularity is constantly growing. In addition to the functional purpose of photo wallpaper in the interior, they have a number of other advantages:
- wallpapers with photo images have high color rendering;
- in the manufacture of modern photo wallpaper use materials that are environmentally friendly, practical and durable;
- able to visually expand the space in a small room;
- visually narrow and lengthen the room;
- create a unique design, atmosphere of coziness and comfort;
- play the role of the main emphasis in the living room;
- emphasize the style of the room;
- can create the illusion of a window.
Using photo wallpaper you can visually lengthen or expand the space in the room
A wide range of products on the construction market at the same time facilitates and complicates the process of selecting the desired image. Sometimes it’s difficult to decide even when a decision is made on the style direction and it is necessary to choose the color gamut with accuracy. You can alleviate the problem by studying different types of paintings.
Functionality and design features of the living room with photo wallpaper
The proper use of photo wallpaper will allow you to achieve different visual effects. Particular attention should be paid to the organization of light and the choice of accessories, then you can successfully zonate the space: visually make a small room wider and lower ceilings higher.
The living room is a multifunctional room, which is most often divided into a number of zones, in particular:
- place of rest and relaxation;
- reception area;
- dining room;
- a work area with a desk or computer desk;
- sleeping place.
Most often, wall murals are used to create an accent wall.
Thus, this room has functional zones, which can be divided using photo wallpaper on the wall. Photos for the living room, used on canvases, in this case, are used to perform a number of techniques:
- In the role of an accent wall, which is fully or partially pasted over, covering the main area with a photograph.
- To separate the functional areas, you can use the accent strip, emphasizing the location of the dining room set and upholstered furniture.
- Wallpaper in the living room (fresco pictures) is a great decor that does not occupy the entire space, but at the same time can serve as an interior partition.
- The role of narrowing the space in large living rooms is played by wallpapers with large elements that do not allow objects to get lost in space. In this case, 3D wall murals with abstract patterns and floral motifs look most successfully in the interior.
- In small rooms, light-reflective wallpaper will help expand the space. Canvases with various landscapes of forests, mountains or a megalopolis can cope with this task perfectly. Abstract shapes will create a receding effect.
- With the help of wallpaper you can visually increase or decrease the height of the ceiling.
Photo wallpaper in the living room is the perfect decoration
Techniques for solving various design problems using photo wallpaper in the living room
Visually expand the area of a small room will help the murals, expanding the space in the interior. For the living room, canvases suitable illusory create a different reality through the formation of a deep effect. Realism to the image will give an object that matches the plot of the wallpaper, for example, a room tree against the background of an exotic landscape.
Wall murals with a perspective that visually leads outside the room also help to expand the space. It can be a street that goes into the distance, or a path in the forest. The main thing is that the selected plot breaks the space, merging the interior and image into a single whole.
With the help of photo wallpaper you can visually change the height of the ceiling. Canvases with a panoramic picture, on which objects were photographed from below, as well as images with vertical lines, will best cope with this task. If the ceilings are very high, then “closer” them to the floor can be due to horizontal panels and landscapes with an extended horizontal projection.
Properly selected murals can expand and extend the space
Using special prints, you can change the overall perception of space. For example, objects with altered geometry can give the impression of a concave, convex, or even trapezoidal wall. In the case when it is not necessary to change the spatial features and geometry of the room, but just need to fill the wall, then small format murals that play the role of a painting are suitable.
Helpful advice! Using a panoramic image will help erase borders in a small living room. To this end, adjacent walls are covered with a canvas on which a composite picture is planned. Angles in such cases serve as columns, houses or trees, creating a single panorama.
Photo-wallpaper in the living room: a variety of paintings
Photo wallpaper is distinguished by a number of characteristics. Their combination plays an important role in choosing the right type of wall covering. The species difference is based on material, texture, form and thematic focus. So, according to the type of material, the photo wallpaper in the room is divided into the following types:
Wall murals differ in materials, texture and themes of paintings
Wallpaper features are distinguished by textured features:
- under the surface of the canvas;
- under the marks of smears;
- with plaster texture;
- with a sandy structure.
The widest species diversity of photo wallpaper is their theme. They are conditionally divided into the following groups:
By type of materials, wall murals are vinyl, paper, laminated and non-woven
3D wallpapers for walls make up a special category. For the living room, photos on canvases of this type are as close as possible to the original image. Manufacturers also offer self-adhesive wallpapers that are durable and able to be placed on almost any surface without the use of adhesives. In addition, such products do not fade and do not require special care.
Speaking about the types of photo wallpaper, mention should be made of washable or anti-vandal canvases that are easy to wash without the use of special tools. Seamless wallpapers differ from standard options in that they have one large canvas reaching three meters in width.
Material for photowall-paper in a drawing room: photos of various types
Laminated photo wallpaper can be varnished, as well as glossy or matte
- Paper wallpaper is the easiest option, their main advantages are low price and environmental friendliness. The disadvantages are low practicality and problematic matching of parts. They are suitable if a short service life is expected.
- Vinyl is a dense canvas with various textured patterns. For the manufacture of such wallpaper using large format printers with high resolution. The main disadvantage is the large size of the finished canvas, which is quite problematic to glue on the wall.
- Non-woven wall murals for the living room are mainly made to order. Their basis is nonwoven of increased density. According to the production technology and the features of gluing, they are similar to vinyl paintings. At the same time, non-woven wallpaper has increased elasticity, which simplifies their use and provides additional strength.
- Textile fabrics are quite expensive. This is an exotic material used mainly for painting frescoes and reproductions of paintings by famous artists.
- Laminated wallpapers are coated with a special protective glossy or matte film layer. Lacquer is also used as a protective layer on the photo wallpaper.
Non-woven wallpaper is characterized by high strength and elasticity.
Helpful advice! For wooden walls, it is better to choose non-woven or paper wallpapers that “breathe”. Vinyl canvases do not allow air to pass through, so they often have a backing made of paper or non-woven, which favorably affects their performance.
It is worth noting that the products can be single-layer with a special substrate – duplex wallpapers. The bottom layer of the web may differ from the top in structural and functional qualities.
Theme of photo wallpaper: photo interiors with a variety of landscapes
Natural theme on photo wallpaper is the most popular. Such canvases give a feeling of unity with nature, which contributes to complete relaxation and restoration of strength after a hard working day. Thanks to the murals of landscapes, the room is filled with multifaceted colors framed by natural light, thus creating an island of nature in the home. This thematic option is very versatile, so it fits perfectly into the design of any room, and not just in the living room.
Photo wallpaper with a variety of landscapes are the most popular
- Wall mural forest;
- panorama of the garden or park;
- view from the terrace or window;
- fields and lawns;
When choosing a picture for the landscape in the living room, you should pay attention to the texture of the wallpaper. Canvases of high quality look more natural. The higher the quality, the more natural the picture looks. Landscape wall murals forest in the interior, charming with gentle soothing colors, fit perfectly into the design of the living room, decorated in country, Provence or eco-style.
The theme of water is often present on photo wallpaper. Even a drop photographed by macro photography will become a huge source of energy in the room. For lovers of moving water, the best choice is a waterfall. Streams of water flowing down from the mountains and rocks, with great strength and power, will become a universal solution in different stylistic directions – from classic to modern. Exotic plants and animals will fit perfectly into the ethnic style, which corresponds to a specific country or nationality.
Urban theme: city murals in a modern living room interior
For fans of urbanization, the culture of other countries and the dynamics of life, a great choice for designing a living room is a photo wallpaper with a view of the city. Placed on the wall above the sofa in the living room, murals illustrating the city at night or world-famous monuments will create a sense of presence, inspiring thought and creating a dreamy mood.
Fashionable wallpaper for the living room with the image of cities goes well with such ultramodern materials as glass, plastic, metal, leather. Therefore, it is better to use them in the interior. It is better to abandon the bright and contrasting colors on the wallpaper-companions – you should choose a plain unobtrusive color. Do not burden the wall with photo wallpaper furniture – just install chairs and a coffee table.
Important! Urban themes are not only panoramas of megalopolises that fit exclusively into modern styles. In certain conditions, wall murals with the image of various architectural monuments will look great.
Wall murals in urban style are city panoramas, architectural elements and attractions
Choose a suitable panorama of the city or give preference to a specific element of architectural development? The photo catalog of the wallpaper for the living room with examples of decoration will help to solve this problem. Manufacturers of these products in pursuit of customers offer a wide selection of paintings on their personal sites, where wallpapers are sorted by sections. Choosing the right option, you should focus on such features of urban landscapes:
- for a discreet design, it is better to choose contrasting or monochrome paintings;
- correctly selected colors on the mural with the image of cities will help reflect the general palette;
- color correlation in the form of repeating shades on the wall and decor items will create the effect of presence.
How to choose the right wallpaper on the wall
When choosing photo wallpapers depicting urban motifs, one should take into account the following nuances:
- If beautiful photo wallpapers have come across after a complete interior decoration, it is necessary to focus on the general style and choose the appropriate furnishings and colors so that they harmonize with the image you like.
- Of great importance in choosing photo wallpaper is the size of the canvas. In a room full of furniture, widescreen wallpapers with the image of the city will create the effect of crowding and clutter. In this case, it is necessary to select a drawing that visually expands the space, for example, photographs of city streets with a perspective in bright colors.
- In a room with a photo wallpaper on one of the walls, you should carefully select a coating for the remaining surfaces. In the case of the urban landscape, it is desirable that this be a plain wallpaper or paint in tone with the color scheme in the image. A combination of three light walls with one dark one also looks good.
- Dynamic urban murals with the image of a highway, racing tracks, a night metropolis carry enormous energy, so you need to choose the right place to place them and take into account the personal and temperamental characteristics of households.
For city landscapes, it is necessary to carefully select the accompanying decoration of the room
A gentle accent in the interior of the living room: photo-wallpaper flowers
The design of the living room with photo wallpapers depicting flowers is a modern alternative to classic still lifes and floral panels. Panoramas of spring flowering streets and bright meadows will help to “expand” the space, and large images of flowers or scenes on a dark background, on the contrary, will make the room visually smaller. These are the main rules that must be taken into account when choosing macro photography on wallpapers with poppies, tulips, daisies or lilies, as they are suitable exclusively for spacious rooms.
The universality of floral motifs lies in the fact that they fit perfectly literally into any style, perfectly decorating and complementing the interior. Realistic images will allow you to admire the smallest details, for example, an eloquent drop of dew on a petal or a bee on stamens.
Helpful advice! Selected various color accents of floral themes have different effects on the human psyche. For example, images of tulips, depending on the color of the buds, can create the opposite effect: white, cream and yellow act soothingly, while red and black stimulate activity.
Modern quality photo wallpaper can cause a feeling of realistic picture. It is the flowers that can create the most striking accent in the setting, therefore it is necessary to approach with great responsibility the choice of both the canvas itself, and furniture and other interior elements. Also, this theme will fill the void, giving the living room a solid and finished look. The most popular options for floral decoration of the walls are wallpapers with orchids, roses and tulips.
Wall mural roses: romance and innocence in the interior of the living room
A rose is rightfully considered the queen of flowers, therefore it is natural that these flowers dominate on a floral-themed photo panel. The brightness and beauty of flowers, combined with sophistication and nobility will not leave indifferent people with different taste preferences, so you can meet such a photo design in the living room, decorated in a different style.
Depending on the variant of the image, wallpaper with roses has its own subspecies:
- canvases with the image of one flower, which is fully revealed and has clearly marked petals with picturesque dew drops;
- a large image of a bud that is closed or partially blossomed;
- image of one or more flowers on long stems;
The image of roses on the living room wall will be the main highlight of the interior
- Wallpaper a bouquet of flowers with the same buds, made in one color scheme, completely filling the space on the canvas;
- photos of rose gardens or flowerpots with beautiful flowers;
- flower still lifes where roses play the role of prima.
Quite often, photos of roses are combined with a variety of musical instruments, for example, with a flute, grand piano or violin, such canvases convey the harmony of wonderful music and a delicate aroma. Mixed themes are a special category, where the rose stands out clearly from the landscape of the garden. Delicate wallpaper with the image of roses can win-win create a beautiful color accent in the interior of any room.
Features of room lighting and color matching wallpaper for the living room
Wall murals designed for a well-lit room will look very different in a dark room. If you ignore the light factor, then instead of a positive atmosphere in the updated room, you can get a depressed mood and even depression due to the fact that the repair went down the drain. The lack of light in the living room will help compensate for drawings on a white background or images made in a warm color palette.
For a large and bright room, it is acceptable to choose bright photo wallpaper
Properly selected photo wallpaper should saturate the room with light or, conversely, remove its excess. For example, the colors of wallpaper for the living room with windows facing south, it is better to choose from a cold range. Suitable blue, cyan, dark green, terracotta, purple. For a room located on the north side, it is advisable to choose a warm color palette with the dominance of shades such as coffee, orange, golden, yellow, beige or pink.
Helpful advice! Excellent on the walls of the living room will look enlarged black and white photos from the family archive, made to order in the form of photo wallpapers.
In a room with too high a ceiling, you should pick up a wallpaper with a horizontal pattern that visually lowers it, and a low ceiling will help visually raise the vertical image. Light wallpaper for the living room is acceptable with a shortage of space, and dark and contrasting – in case of excessive emptiness in the room.
A special category of photowall-paper consists of canvases with black and white photographs. They fit perfectly into styles such as minimalism, retro, hi-tech and loft. The combination of opposites in the form of black and white creates contrast, mystery and mystery. Popular graphics, which depict portraits of celebrities, landscapes or architectural objects with a fuzzy outline. Although distinctive black and white shots are unlikely to ever go out of style.
How to choose wallpaper in the living room with different functional purpose
Quite often, the living room, in addition to the main function – receiving guests, can perform other tasks. It all depends on which room it is combined with or in an adjacent state. In each case, one should be guided not only by the style of the room, the rules for choosing colors, but also by the features of the shape of the room.
Choosing wallpaper in the room, you must be guided by the features of the form and style of the room
Most often, the living room is combined with a kitchen, which actually serves as a dining room. This layout is common in private homes. Wallpaper for the living room (the photo of the interiors illustrates this clearly) should be selected in the same color scheme with the overall design, adding a little soft shades. It is the photo wallpaper in this case that best copes with the zoning function of the room.