If a house is small, it is no excuse not to decorate it. With these simple ideas, the environments will be renovated and even appear broader.
How to decorate a small house
How to Furnish and Decorate a Small House
Decorating a small house, however, small it may be is not impossible. We only have to take into account some tips to optimize the corners and combine all the elements in a harmonious, practical, and to the taste of its inhabitants.
Keys for decorating a small house
- One of the factors to take into account in all the small environments to decorate will be to achieve good lighting.
- Another issue is order; an orderly and clean place will always give us the impression of greater breadth.
- The blinds and curtains should always be light colored, and the walls in pastel tones.
- If carpets are used, do not cover the entire surface of the floor.
Decorate the entrance, living room or famiy room
In small houses, the living room or living room is usually removed and directly enters the kitchen-dining room. In the case of having this environment, it should be decorated with few elements. A vase, a picture, a sculpture, some plant, and a very good lighting is the best.
One of the factors to take into account in all small environments is to achieve good lighting
“In a small house the blinds and curtains should always be light colored, and the walls in pastel tones.”
Use only a sofa or small furniture, an armchair or large furniture will shrink the place, in addition to putting difficulty in free passage and movement of people. It is better to use individual furniture, chairs or tables, to be able to change the furniture of the place for different occasions and thus use the best possible space.
Choose smooth and smooth colors when decorating the walls; remember that the large prints give the appearance of a smaller room. And be careful to leave open the passage to the other environments.
Decorating a Small Kitchen / Dining Room
- Light colors, simple furniture design and not overloading the walls, will give an idea of greater breadth and order in a small house.
- Lighting will always be an important factor to consider. Try to integrate the appliances and refrigerator to the furniture.
- At present, the kitchen designs adapt very well to reduced environments. Use high storage cupboards or shelves, and folding tables that can be shortened or enlarged, in case you need more or less space.
- Instead of chairs, it is preferable to use benches that can be placed on the table when they are not needed.
- If the counter is too small, you can adapt a table to place on top of the pool and expand the work area when you need it.
- The TV should always be placed in a bracket on the wall.
“Light colors, simple furniture design and not overloading the walls, will give an idea of greater breadth and order in a small house.”
When the house is small and it is necessary to separate some area, use as decoration and divider plants or screens instead of walls.
Organize small rooms
As basic elements, we must count a bed, table of light, a wardrobe (if it did not have wardrobe/closet), and a chair. We can place other furniture, as long as they do not obstruct the free passage. Another good option is to choose a Bedspread, wall color, and curtain in shades within the same range.
If it is possible to install a mirror, it will also give an idea of more space, and if you need two beds, it is best to opt for a marine bed model, so you only have to open it at night, and during the day space will be wider.
Finally, to decorate a small bathroom, nothing better to paint with light colors on walls, floors and furniture, large mirrors and very good lighting.
Thanks for reading How to Decorate a Small House, if you liked this article, subscribe to any of our social networks and receive outstanding publications every day.